Bye bye, cash
Today I was reminded how archaic cash is.
I recently sold my car and was paid in cash. Here are the steps to get the money into my bank, which doesn’t accept cash:
- Sell car
- Get cash
- Go to Vons
- Ask, and wait, for the store manager
- Manager buys money orders
- Money orders are printed
- I fill out a form including my address, date of birth, social security number
- I pay $7
- Manager fills out an entry for each money order
- I endorse (sign) the back of each order
- Open my bank mobile app
- Begin a mobile deposit
- Enter in the amount, take a photo of the front and back of the money order
- Repeat 7 more times
- Wait 8 hours for money to arrive
If only there were a secure, painless way of transferring money.
Bitcoin just hit $1,423 at the time of this writing.
Wondering if I should short Western Union…